Welcome to the opening of the National University Esports League 2016/17 season! This year we’ve got bigger prizes, more community events and a brand new game added to our roster!
Whether it be fame, glory or just a good time you are after, we have the tournament for you. Here’s what you can expect this season:
- Tournaments designed for the most competitive players and those playing for fun
- A matchmaking system designed to place you against similarly skilled players.
- A community of thousands of fellow students for you to befriend and compete against.
- No instant knockouts. Everyone gets to play games throughtout the season regardless of their win record
Excited? We sure are. Check out the information below for details on how to signup and get playing right away!.
|Game||Start date||Signup deadline||Facebook group|
|League of Legends||Sun 16th Oct||Fri 14th Oct||NUEL LoL|
|CS:GO||Mon 17th Oct||Fri 14th Oct||NUEL CS:GO|
|Hearthstone||Tue 25th Oct||Mon 24th Oct||NUEL HS|
|Overwatch||Thu 27th Oct||Mon 24th Oct||NUEL OW|
|Rocket League||Sun 20th Nov||Fri 18th Nov||NUEL RL|
For more information about each tournament, check out our announcements articles:
- League of Legends National Championship
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Winter Season
- Hearthstone Winter Season
- Overwatch Winter Season
- Rocket League One Night Cup (TBA)
How to register
- Find a team – check out your society Facebook groups below or get your friends together
- Create a NUEL account – go to our account registration page and create an account
- Verify your account – if you played in previous seasons you’ll need to reverify your account, login at the Homepage and follow the instructions in the “Verify your account” box, new users will need to do the same
- Create a team and give your teammates the team password – go the tournament page, create a team on the “Sign-up to play” tab and send the team password (found on your team profile page) to your teammates, they can enter the password on the “Sign-up to play” tab.
- Enter the tournament – once the minimum number of players in your team joins (see tournament page) your team will be entered into the tournament, each player MUST have their university email address verified and have a valid In Game Name for the tournament game
What happened to the other website?
As mentioned in our previous announcement, we had unfortunate news that our lead website developer had to step back from the NUEL. Having assessed the situation, we decided to revert back to the website we used for the 2015/16 season as the new shiny website wasn’t quite ready or had been tested.
We appreciate that this wasn’t ideal and sorry for any confusion we’ve caused, but our main priority is to ensure that once the tournaments start we maintain the competitive integrity of the tournament which we couldn’t guarantee on an untested system.
If you’re new to the NUEL then you’ll need to register again on our website, you can register here. If you played last season then just log in as usual.
Need help or got a question?
There are various ways to get in touch with us, chose the best one for you from:
Looking for a team? Join your society
If you missed them at your Activities/Fresher’s fair, then join your society’s Facebook group and ask how you can get involved, here are all the societies we know about: