The Broadcast Team are seeking play-by-play (the “hype”) and colour (the “brains”) shoutcasters for Overwatch, CS:GO, Hearthstone and League of Legends for the upcoming Spring Split!
The split runs for approximately 8 weeks from the start of February until the end of March and each shoutcaster will be part of a team of 6 who cover their chosen game throughout its duration. This is a paid position and whilst experience is not necessary, being a team player and having buckets of enthusiasm is.
You will work with the rest of the Activities team and report to the Director of Broadcast (Sunkern) and the Head of Talent (Dezachu). Our main method of communication is Discord and you will be expected to stay in regular contact with your game’s product manager and other casters.
The ideal applicant would be passionate about creating a high quality viewing experience for our community. You’ll need to be a great team player and an excellent communicator to work alongside producers, the product manager and admins to produce a top-quality show that will be on the frontpage of Twitch.
- Committing to completing all broadcasts you’re scheduled for
- Completing a sound-check 45 minutes before ‘go-live’
- Overwatch – Monday 18:30
- CS:GO – Tuesday 18:30
- Hearthstone – Wednesday 18:30
- League of Legends – Sunday 18:00
- Work with other casters, producers, your product manager and admins to produce a quality broadcast. This could be by contributing notes, research, casting reviews or simply staying in regular communication with your team
- Equipment (mic/webcam) of a good quality
- Solid technical/computer skills
- Good understanding of the game you’re applying for
- Clear communication skills
- Work well in a team
- Knowledge of the UK university scene (or the willingness to develop it)
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
Nice to Have
- Previous tournament casting experience
- Graphic design skills
- Experience in a university society or student esports scene
Please complete this application form with a short VOD or highlight reel of a broadcast you casted and a list of your equipment. Please submit a separate application for each game you wish to work on. If you have questions, ask them in the Broadcast Discord!
Applications will close January 12th, 2019.