The Broadcast Team are seeking play-by-play (the “hype”) and colour (the “brains”) shoutcasters for Overwatch, CS:GO and League of Legends for the upcoming Summer Split!
The split runs for 7 weeks from the week commencing 1st July until the end of August, and each shoutcaster will be part of a team of 6 who cover their chosen game throughout its duration. Whilst experience is not necessary, being a team player and having buckets of enthusiasm is.
You will work with the rest of the Activities team and report to the Creative Director (Sunkern) and Product Manager (Curio, ADD and Chazmaster respectively). Our main method of communication is Discord and you will be expected to stay in regular contact with your game’s product manager and the rest of your broadcast team.
The ideal applicant would be passionate about creating a high quality viewing experience for our community. You’ll need to be a great team player and an excellent communicator to work alongside producers, the product manager and admins to produce a top-quality show that will be on the frontpage of Twitch.
- Committing to completing all broadcasts you’re scheduled for
- Completing a sound-check 45 minutes before ‘go-live’
- Overwatch – Monday 18:30
- CS:GO – Tuesday 18:30
- League of Legends – Sunday 18:00
- Contributing notes, research, casting reviews and feedback regularly
- Work with other casters, producers, your product manager and admins to produce a quality broadcast
- Equipment (mic & webcam) of a good quality
- e.g. Rode NT1, AT2020; Logitech HD C920
- Willingness to give and recieve constructive feedback
- Exceptional understanding of the game you’re applying for
- Solid technical/computer skills
- Clear communication skills
- Work well in a team
- Knowledge of the UK university scene (or the willingness to develop it)
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
Nice to Have
- Previous tournament casting experience
- Graphic design skills
- Experience in a university society or student esports scene
Please complete this application form with a short VOD or highlight reel of a broadcast you casted and a list of your equipment. Please submit a separate application for each game you wish to work on. If you have questions, ask them in the Broadcast Discord!
Applications will close July 4 for Overwatch, July 5th for CS:GO and League of Legends.