The NUEL would like to add a Volunteer CS:GO writer to the Written Content Team. We need someone who is committed, proactive, motivated and capable of working as part of a team publishing high quality written content. You need to be enthusiastic about university esports in the UK and growing the scene.
We aim to constantly develop the talent of university students in all areas of esports, not just through competition. Don’t worry too much if you don’t have much experience in this area; all that’s required is enthusiasm and a desire to improve!
- Producing weekly CS:GO articles for the NUEL. Example articles would include news posts, interviews and tournament/match reports.
- Proofreading articles written by other writers prior to them being published (not limited to CS:GO articles).
- Providing ideas for CS:GO content.
- Communicating with the rest of the written team to provide input and ideas, including attending all meetings.
- Impeccable written English.
- Involvement and interest in university esports.
- Knowledge and understanding of CS:GO as a game and an esport.
- Time commitment to write weekly articles.
- Prior writing experience (whether esports related or not).
- Prior experience in esports (particularly the UK scene).
- Involvement in other esports aside from CS:GO.
- Having participated in NUEL tournaments previously.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your name.
- Email used to login to your NUEL account.
- Your Steam name / steamID64.
- An explanation of why you would be suitable and meet the above requirements.
- An attached example of a piece of written content relevant to CS:GO by you (if you don’t have one you are welcome to write one for the purpose of your application).
~Peter ‘Aezure’ Dakin