We are seeking a Product Manager for our League of Legends tournament, who is enthusiastic about the game, knowledgeable about tournament design, and has a passion for university esports. This role will lead the NUEL’s League of Legends tournament and will have a strong creative input in both the tournament and content created around the game.
Our ideal candidate would be passionate about creating great experiences for the League of Legends community and have a deep understand of the game. To do this we believe you’ll need to have a good understanding of different tournament designs and how to deliver them. You’ll need excellent managerial skills to help your team of admins and casters deliver on your creative vision.
- Help design the tournament alongside the Lead Tournament Admin.
- Work with the Head of Production to deliver the broadcast
- Build and manage a strong group of admins to help deliver the tournament.
- Run the NUEL’s flagship League of Legends tournament on game nights.
- Be the point of contact for students playing in the tournament .
- Build a relationship with the community to learn how we can improve
- Propose and execute on content ideas alongside the creative team.
- Innovate on the existing tournament and content.
- Experience either playing in or running tournaments.
- Knowledge of League of Legends.
- Solid fundamental mathematics skills.
- Good people skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work well in a team.
- Knowledge of the UK university scene.
- Ability to make impartial decisions.
Nice to Have
- Previous leadership experience .
- Previous tournament admin or product management experience.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills.
- Experience in a university society or student esports scene.
- Previous content creation experience.
Please email email@example.com with a breakdown of relevant experience and a short paragraph on why you think you’d be good for the role. Applications will close Sept 2nd.