We are seeking a Product Manager for our Overwatch tournament, who is enthusiastic about the game, knowledgeable about tournament design, and has a passion for university esports. This role will lead the NUEL’s Overwatch tournament and will have a strong creative input in both the tournament and content created around the game.
Our ideal candidate would be passionate about creating great experiences for the Overwatch community and have a deep understand of the game. To do this we believe you’ll need to have a good understanding of different tournament designs and how to deliver them. You’ll need excellent managerial skills to help your team of admins and casters deliver on your creative vision.
- Help design the tournament alongside the Lead Tournament Admin.
- Work with the Head of Production to deliver the broadcast
- Build and manage a strong group of admins to help deliver the tournament.
- Run the NUEL’s flagship Overwatch tournament on game nights.
- Be the point of contact for students playing in the tournament .
- Build a relationship with the community to learn how we can improve
- Propose and execute on content ideas alongside the creative team.
- Innovate on the existing tournament and content.
- Experience either playing in or running tournaments.
- Knowledge of Overwatch.
- Solid fundamental mathematics skills.
- Good people skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Work well in a team.
- Knowledge of the UK university scene.
- Ability to make impartial decisions.
Nice to Have
- Previous leadership experience .
- Previous tournament admin or product management experience.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills.
- Experience in a university society or student esports scene.
- Previous content creation experience.
Please email email@example.com with a breakdown of relevant experience and a short paragraph on why you think you’d be good for the role. Applications will close Sept 2nd.